Although this plugin was developed by an Atlassian developer it IS NOT SUPPORTED BY ATLASSIAN. Use it at your own risk and feel free to fix bugs in it yourself by cloning the repo from bitbucket. Note that it was initially written in a single day, and has had only occasional maintenance to keep it working since.
Source and Issues
- Issues: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CPSP
- Source: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/confluence-copy-space-plugin
Description/FeaturesThe copyspace plugin allows a space administrator to copy a space, including the pages within the space, but excluding (so far)page history, blog posts and email. The plugin can be downloaded from https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.copyspace
- Only available to Space Administrators (and full admins)
- Makes a copy of a space, taking the new name and space key from the user
- Copies the space description
- Copies the space and team labels
- Copies labels on pages in space. Personal labels are optional.
- Copies the current versions of all pages, in their proper hierarchy
- Copies the space permissions
- Copies the page level restrictions on all pages
- Optionally Copies the attachments on all pages
- Copies the current theme, logo and colour scheme of the space
- Copies the page templates
- Copies custom layouts
- Optionally copies all comments on all pages, leaving their authors and dates intact.
- By default makes the current user the author of all non-comment content in the copy, and stamps them with now.
- Optionally uses the original dates and users instead. (Not thoroughly tested for all of the above yet)
- Provides a link from the copied space back to the orignal space
- Doesn't copy between instances (use Space Export instead)
- Doesn't copy Blogs
- Doesn't copy Mail
- Doesn't copy past versions of anything
- Doesn't copy information stored in pages via the Scaffolding Plugin.
- Doesn't give a progress bar (Long Running Task) for time consuming copying.
- Does everything in one transaction
- Probably doesn't work for some plugins, eg those that "attach" data to a space in bandana or properties to a page in OS_property.
- UI still ugly
- Virtually no unit tests
To copy a space, go to Space Administration, click the "Copy Space" link, fill in the form and submit it.
Obviously it would not be good if everybody could copy a space. In order to see and use the Copy Space link, a user must have two permissions:
- The global "Create Space" permission
- The Administer Space permission on the space to be copied
(out of date)
The Remote Import plugin can be used to copy spaces between different Confluence instances.