Description/FeaturesThe copyspace plugin allows a space administrator to copy a space, including the pages within the space, but excluding (so far)page history, blog posts and email. The plugin can be downloaded from https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.copyspace
- Only available to Space Administrators (and full admins)
- Makes a copy of a space, taking the new name and space key from the user
- Copies the space description
- Copies the space and team labels
- Copies labels on pages in space. Personal labels are optional.
- Copies the current versions of all pages, in their proper hierarchy
- Copies the space permissions
- Copies the page level restrictions on all pages
- Optionally Copies the attachments on all pages
- Copies the current theme, logo and colour scheme of the space
- Copies the page templates
- Copies custom layouts
- Optionally copies all comments on all pages, leaving their authors and dates intact.
- By default makes the current user the author of all non-comment content in the copy, and stamps them with now.
- Optionally uses the original dates and users instead. (Not thoroughly tested for all of the above yet)
- Provides a link from the copied space back to the orignal space
- Doesn't copy between instances (use Space Export instead)
- Doesn't copy Blogs
- Doesn't copy Mail
- Doesn't copy past versions of anything
- Doesn't copy information stored in pages via the Scaffolding Plugin.
- Doesn't give a progress bar (Long Running Task) for time consuming copying.
- Does everything in one transaction
- Probably doesn't work for some plugins, eg those that "attach" data to a space in bandana or properties to a page in OS_property.
- UI still ugly
- Virtually no unit tests
To copy a space, go to Space Administration, click the "Copy Space" link, fill in the form and submit it.
Obviously it would not be good if everybody could copy a space. In order to see and use the Copy Space link, a user must have two permissions:
- The global "Create Space" permission
- The Administer Space permission on the space to be copied
(out of date)
The Remote Import plugin can be used to copy spaces between different Confluence instances.